COVID 19: Office Safety Plan
Updated: August 10, 2020
RLA is carefully and strategically planning the reopening of our office based on the Provincial Health Officer’s guidelines.
What this Will Mean:
RLA will take preventative measures to protect the health and safety of all employees and visitors to the company’s office.
There will be a maximum of one-third of employees working in the offices at any one time.
RLA is providing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of the workplace, as well cleaning supplies, sanitizer and personal protective equipment for employees as needed.
Returning to in-office work will be voluntary at this time. Any employee at higher risk due to their personal health or their household circumstances will not currently be returning to regular in-office work.
All employees and visitors will be required to follow the procedures outlined below while at work and to follow the Provincial Health Officer’s orders and guidance at all times.
- No employee, contractor, or visitor exhibiting COVID-like symptoms will be permitted to enter the offices.
- For employees working in-office, staggered start and stop times and lunch times will be assigned.
- Those thinking of visiting are encouraged to set up a video or teleconference meeting.
- Where an in-office visit is warranted, visitors to the offices must be scheduled and safety procedures will be communicated to them prior to entry into the workplace (by email and/or signage posted at the entrance). A record of visitors to the office will be maintained.
- When booking appointments, visitors are reminded to reschedule if they experience any symptoms typical of COVID -19.
- Visitors are to dispose of used sanitizing wipes and other personal protective equipment in the provided disposal bins.
- Returning to in-office work is currently voluntary. RLA will continue to fully support work at home on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Any employee at higher risk due to their personal health or their household circumstances will not be returning to regular in-office work at this time.
- Meetings, where possible, will be held by teleconference or video conference.
- In-office meetings or gatherings will be minimized and where necessary, for work only and physical distancing must be maintained.
- Masks must be worn if physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All employees will work at least two metres apart, and away from communal pathways.
- Employees that must be closer than two metres, for any reason, must wear masks.
- Employees are to keep their work-spaces clean and sanitized. In particular, frequently touched surfaces, such as keyboards and mice, desk surfaces and telephones are to be kept clean.
- Employees must use common areas, washroom, and shared equipment one at a time, cleaning and washing hands both before and after use.
- All food, dishes and utensils must be brought from home and taken home each day. The kitchen areas and appliances are not to be used at all.
- Meeting rooms must be used for work only. All times must be booked in advance, with a minimum 30 minutes between meetings.
- Suppliers and delivery persons are reminded to drop off goods at or close to the building entrance to minimize movement within the office.
- Contactless delivery will be used when possible (delivery person leaving packages at a pre-arranged locations without requiring a signature).
- Delivery zones and locations are located for drop-off.
Site visits will continue to be minimized. While on-site, physical distancing is to be maintained or masks worn. Hands are to be washed and/or sanitized prior to and after visiting sites.
Our leadership team will continue to monitor the situation. Our policies and procedures will continually be adjusted to meet the office demands as well as the requirements of the Provincial Health Officer.
Should you have any additional questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com
Wishing you the best of health.
The Team @ RLA Architects Inc.